The leading EMR Medical Voice Recognition software
We know that physicians have specific needs for accurate and efficient transcription. Our medical voice recognition software can help you create medical reports, correspondence and other medical documentation at a fraction of the time and cost that you might be spending now. We have created some very specific medical packages and solutions with the healthcare professional in mind, based on our own experience and the feedback we receive from physicians just like you.
We understand that past experience with medical voice recognition software may not have exhibited the kind of accuracy that you were hoping for. We are glad to report that with Paperless Office & Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software you can now expect speeds of 160 words per minute and accuracy in the 98% to 99% range.
EMR Software with Speech Recognition
Many doctors are avoiding the hurdle of manually entering patient data by using medical voice recognition software to speak commands and enter patient notes into their e-health record systems. Voice recognition functionality is not only helping to drive utilization of e-health record systems among doctors, it’s also helping to dramatically reduce the cost of medical transcription services.
The Physician’s Paperless Office® is an innovative electronic medical records system that is fully voice enabled. The system is designed to help physician practices improve quality of care, reduce risk, cut costs, and increase revenues. Appropriate for any sized medical practice—from a small, solo practice to a large, multi-provider/multi-location group—this feature-rich system allows you to create and maintain complete medical records faster and more efficiently than ever before with the use of medical voice recognition technology.
Our speech-enabled electronic medical records system offers numerous benefits such as documentation automation, secure storage, error reduction and effective exchange of patient data. This includes Initial Evaluations, Daily Notes, Lab results, Patient reports, SOAP Notes, Discharge Notes, Referral Notes, Visit Summaries, Progress Notes and much more.
Our EMR software has drop-down templates from which physicians can enter information about patients, such as during exams and in providing data about medical history. Our medical voice recognition software also provides the EMR an added boost by allowing doctors to add details that would otherwise be excluded from the health record or that has to be typed in.
It’s no question that medical voice recognition is helping to drive physician adoption of EMRs. It’s not the reason why EMR is getting adopted, but its one more feature that adds ease of use. In addition, the savings are enormous, as medical voice recognition functionality eliminates the need for transcription services.
Dragon® Medical 10: Helping Physician Practices Accelerate EMR Adoption
How can clinicians spend less time typing or clicking inside their EMR?
By using Dragon Medical voice recognition software, clinicians can efficiently navigate their EMR and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record.
Dragon Medical is designed and priced especially for practices. It helps clinicians in mid-sized practices provide more efficient, profitable and higher quality care. Dragon Medical voice recognition software is up to 99% accurate out of the box and includes medical vocabularies covering nearly 80 medical specialties and subspecialties.
Dragon Medical allows physicians to dictate in their own words, generating “once and done” documentation which they can dictate, edit and review in succession. Clinicians can further accelerate dictation by using macros to easily re-use frequently dictated text. This approach dramatically reduces the time physicians spend documenting care. Dragon Medical also lets clinicians use their own words to dictate progress notes, prescribe medication, and access test results so that they can readily embrace their EMR system and dramatically accelerate EMR adoption.
Dragon Medical supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines and critical requirements for all practices.
Medical Voice Recognition Software Features
Dragon Medical 10 lets physicians navigate any Windows®- or Citrix®-based EMR system using voice commands—three times faster than most people can type or click with a mouse. Some of the software’s other speech recognition features include:
- More Accurate Than Ever. 20% more accurate than Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical 9–and over 38% more accurate than Dragon Professional 10 when used in clinical settings.
- EMR Support. Navigate and dictate inside EMR software; History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, Assessment and Plan.
- Medical Vocabularies. Covers nearly 80 specialties and subspecialties. Dictate with confidence using your specialty’s vocabulary.
- Regional Accent Support. Accented speakers get higher out-of-the-box recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- Supports HIPAA Regulations. Protect patient confidentiality by securely storing speech files.
- Hidden Mode. Dictate anywhere in the EMR, eliminating navigation between EMR screens and the notes window.
- DragonTemplates with Voice Fields. Automate form filling applications by adding fields in dictation templates.
- Medical Formatting Rules. Expands abbreviations and follows capitalization rules. “HPI” can appear as either “History of Present Illness”, “history of present illness”, or “HPI.”
- PowerMic™ Ready. Program buttons to run any function or user voice command.
- MyCommands. Personal voice commands appear in Command browser for faster use.
- Dictate faster and more accurately than ever before
- Dictate anywhere in your EMR
- Accelerate clinician adoption of EMR systems
- Eliminate transcription costs
- Spend more time with patients
- Dictate in clinician’s own words
- Support higher level of reimbursement and reduce denials
- Improve clinician satisfaction
Achieve Maximum Efficiency with a Powerful Medical Voice Recognition Software Solution
Dragon Medical 10 lets clinicians dictate faster and more accurately than ever before. In fact, it is 20% more accurate before enrollment than Dragon Medical 9, which means clinicians will save time dictating and spend little or no time correcting dictation. Dragon Medical offers virtually instant response time, saving clinicians valuable minutes in their day—no more waiting for transcribed reports or typing into the EMR.
Dictate anywhere in the EMR. Dragon Medical allows clinicians to dictate anywhere in an EMR system, while reviewing Lab Tests, Patient History, or Current Medications. Clinicians no longer have to click back and forth between information they’re reviewing and the dictation window. They dictate while reviewing information, in Hidden Mode, which allows the physician to place the dictation directly where he or she wishes.
Accelerate clinician adoption and acceptance of EMR systems. Dragon Medical reduces the time spent documenting care in an EMR using speech-driven navigation and narrative dictation.
With Dragon Medical 10, Practices Can Deliver Higher Quality Care
Clinicians receive a host of key advantages with Dragon Medical 10 medical voice recognition software, compared to Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical 9 or Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 non-medical solutions:
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Dictate in their own words. Dragon Medical’s freetext dictation capability supports more detailed History of Present Illness, more flexible Review of Systems, and more descriptive Assessment and Plan—the “medical decision-making” aspects of the note—which give referring clinicians and ancillary providers a clearer and more detailed patient assessment and prognosis.
- Secure patient information. Only Dragon Medical supports HIPAA compliance guidelines to protect patient security and confidentiality.
- Improve clinician satisfaction. Clinicians who use Dragon Medical voice recognition software report that it significantly improves their enjoyment of practicing medicine. By allowing them to use their time more effectively and get home in time for dinner, clinician quality of life improves.
Dragon Medical 10 Yields Cost-Savings and Profitability
- Providers enjoy significant cost reductions when they move from typing, handwriting or transcription— or upgrade to Dragon Medical 10 from previous medical versions or non-medical solutions:
- Reduce the cost of documentation. Eliminate transcription by speech-enabling the EMR, freeing up resources to focus more on patients to help practice efficiency. Healthcare organizations that are using Dragon Medical 10 today are significantly lowering their transcription costs by hundreds of thousands—or even millions of dollars—annually.
- Support higher quality and more complete documentation. Using Dragon Medical results in higher levels of reimbursement than notes built by “point and click” EMR templates.
- Reduce denials. More complete, accurate documentation improves coding effectiveness and provides richer detail per patient, giving physicians greater confidence to code at higher levels than with an EMR system alone.
- Increase practice volume. Faster, more accurate response reduces time spent on documentation, allowing clinicians to see more patients and increase practice revenue and profitability.
“Our decision to integrate Dragon Medical with our EMR system was the right one…Now, 69 providers create and edit patient reports in one sitting through free-form dictation. Report turnaround times have gone from up to three weeks to minutes. Accuracy rates top 98%…we saved $415,000 on transcription alone in the first year. The payback on our Dragon investment took only six weeks.”
– Douglas Golding, M.D., Medical Director and Chief Medical Infomatics Officer
Lifetime Health Medical Group, Buffalo and Rochester, NY
Dragon Medical is the Right Choice for Practicing Clinicians
Dragon Medical is by far the #1 medical voice recognition solution in healthcare today. Dragon Medical technology is used by over 80,000 clinicians in the U.S. to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely used speech recognition solution for providers. Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical 9 was named Best in KLAS* in the 2007 rankings for #1 in Physician Practice Software category for front-end speech recognition—far outdistancing the competition. Based on laboratory testing, Dragon Medical is over 38% more accurate than Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional or Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred in clinical settings. Even rarely used medical terms appear in Dragon Medical the first time clinicians say them. No need to add or train words with Dragon Medical. Whether the physician’s country of origin is India, China, Pakistan, England, the U.S., or Australia, Dragon Medical recognizes his or her speech patterns—it’s heard them before.