In these unprecedented times, you need to embrace a new set of tools and methods that can help in patient consultation and treatments without them having to leave their homes. Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies such as mobile phones, computers, and tablets to access healthcare services remotely and manage patient health care.
With Telehealth, it is now possible to do the following:
- Conduct a video conference with a patient for consultation and treatments
- Use a mobile phone or other device to upload medication to be reviewed by a nurse or any healthcare provider who responds electronically.
- Utilize an online patient portal to see test results, schedule appointments, and request prescription refills.
- Get email, text, or phone reminders for scheduled appointments.
Benefits of Telehealth
- Expands access to care for more patients.
With telehealth, healthcare services will be brought to the patient especially those who need it the most. Patients will not have to travel to see their physicians. As long as patients have their smartphones or computer, they can have virtual consultations with their healthcare provider.
- Improves patient satisfaction.
Because of the convenience Telehealth provides to patients, patient satisfaction will definitely increase and they will likely employ your health services in the future.
- Improves clinical workflow and practice efficiency.
Telehealth is a good platform that could help in the prioritization of care delivery and improving communication by capturing, storing, and using patient data for better medical decision making. Telehealth services can also help you have the flexibility to go beyond brick-and-mortar facilities, extend hours and create new and more convenient modes to provide quality care service to patients.