Posted by 1st Providers Choice on
If you run a medical practice, it’s no surprise that the ability to access medical and treatment records is vital. It can save your staff a world of time, in addition to saving you money simply by streamlining operations. But most of all, it gives you more time to spend with your patients and less on tedious administrative tasks.
What is an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)?
Here’s the simple version: Cumbersome paper charts are now digital. All those treatment records and medical histories are just a few clicks away on a computer. EMRs allow clinicians to visualize the entire scope of a patient’s journey. That’s because EMRs allow medical staff to easily track patient data over a period of time, from past screenings to current test results.
What are the Benefits of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)?
The benefits are evident and clear. EMRs can improve quality of care. Better information that is easy to access allows doctors to provide the right treatment at the right time. And that means better outcomes for patients.
- EMRs provide alerts and notifications. And that’s extremely important for understanding what tests to order and what treatment to advise.
- Because all the information is stored digitally, there is no need for those dusty old file cabinets. And no need to search endlessly for the right folder. That improves workflow.
What is an Electronic Health Records (EHR)?
Okay, we understand the confusion. EMR. EHR. Many providers seem to use those terms interchangeably. But is there a difference? Well, the foremost difference is that an EHR is far more robust and comprehensive.
Benefits of an EHR:
- Designed to compile from various healthcare providers.
- Designed to share healthcare information across various healthcare settings
- Designed to support medical decision making with various built-in tools
- Designed to allow healthcare information to move with the patient to various healthcare settings
Providing you with the Best
Choose only the best for your healthcare practice.
At 1st Providers Choice, we understand the need and expectations of our clients for a higher level of performance for billing software and EMR software. That’s why we only offer the top tailored medical billing system and EHR with features that will allow your healthcare practice to operate at its optimum potential, save time, and double your revenue.
You can call us at (480) 782-1116 for immediate assistance, or you can schedule a free demo with our experts TODAY.